- Mrs. Mary Jean Bailey, Age 86 of Newaygo, Michigan died Saturday, March
15, 2003. She was born Mary Jean Bond in Chicago, Illinois the daughter of
Christabel (Bond) and Eugene McCaffrey on June 15, 1916. She married Max
Bailey on February 4,1946 in Grand Rapids, Michigan and he preceded her in
death on June 18, 2000. She was a Homemaker all her life. She Graduated from
Newaygo High School in 1934.
Some of her fondest childhood memories were summers on Sylvan
Lake where she and her mother were among the earliest residents.
- Survived by:
- Daughter: Shirley Menzies of Newaygo
- Daughter: Chris & Charles Lachenbruch of Summerville, SC
- Daughter: Marcia Burns & John Doherty of Sarasota, FL
- Granddaughter: Lisa & James Rester
- Granddaughter: Michelle & Prezemek Maleszka
- Grandchildren: Angela, Jodie & Nelson Tedrow
- Great Grandson: Jack Rester
- Great Grandchildren: Jarek & Nicole Maleszka
- Several: Nieces & Nephews
- Preceded in death by Brother George Bond of in 1968,
- Memorial services will be announced later.
- - McKinley Funeral Home, Newaygo 231-652-5613.